Secret Sneak Peek

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hey all! So been working hard on a few projects, including this one for Simon and Schuster's new spring series due out in May 2007! This is book #3. I thought it would be cool for any of you curious folks out there to see the process, as this is the final art I've just sent in. I layered it within the design template for a "mechanical" that the art director/designer there has created, which they have designed for this series.

The type and graphic elements are added later on, but I thought I'd throw them together as sort of a "sloppy copy" to preview! Kara is the main character in this book, and she has some wicked pesky brothers who delight in redecorating her room in creepy crawlies (which were fun to draw). Will this ruin her chance for a sleepover, and most importantly, destroy the Sleepover Squad forever? You'll need to wait until September to find out!

I did this piece as a pencil sketch on white Bristol board, scanned and painted in Photoshop. fun stuff.

1 comment:

santina said...

Hey Julia - I linked my blog to yours so you should pick up my miniscul amount of traffic. I love your work and I'm sure it's only going to get better. Make more knitters! The one I took for my site is my favorite picture for me.

heart - santina