Dotty's here too!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010


An advanced copy of Dotty trotted over to my mailbox yesterday morning, courtesy of the wonderful team at Abrams. Thank you to Erica Perl for such a stellar story about imaginary friendships. These two books are very different in nature and voice, and I approached them from two different visual perspectives as well. It's so freeing to work in multiple styles and realms. Dotty's cover also sports a fancy shimmer with spot glitter on the jacket. Yes, glitter! It hits stores this August!

11 comments:

martinealison said...

Très joli livre... la couverture est géniale

www.juliadenos.com said...

Merci, Martine!

Kristi Valiant said...

Oh, how fun! I can't wait to see it in person.

Chad W. Beckerman said...

What she said!

Lauren Castillo said...

Hooray!! I am super-excited about this one! 2010 is your year, Julia :)

Annie Patterson said...

Ooh la la!! such color! and dots! and glitter! It looks fantastic. You are seriously rockin!

Phyllis Harris said...

I am pre-ordering both Dotty and Grandma's Gloves today. Can't wait to get them!

Really love your art Julia!

www.juliadenos.com said...

thank you all for the kind words!

Sarah Jane said...

OH my goodness! I can't wait!

Amanda WG said...

ahh! I love love love dotty! she is the perfect representation of your playfully perfect work. So glad to see that she has been released into the world :)

x
Amanda
(from Artifaktori)

Renee Kurilla said...

How have I not left a comment on this yet!? I am amazed by everything you do! I can't wait to see Dotty in person!