New York/New Art

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Last weekend in New York City went by in a whirl of wet snow flakes and taxi rides (pictures to come) I'm back and tidying up after a book I just finished before departing, called Letters to Leo by Amy Hest, about a little girl and her loyal pup in NYC (appropriately!) Every time I finish a project, I always pause on clean up:

It's a sweet and sad little moment. You've come to sort of live in that world while you go about your day, gotten comfortable in the neighborhood, befriended some characters and, as soon as you sort your pencils back into their cups, POOF, it's done. Like playing pretend and moping about having to clean up for dinner time...


So cheers, Leo and Annie (more on this duo soon!) Their world existed on Riverside Drive facing the Hudson, so I went there last week to see it for myself:

6 comments:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

awwww, I love this post. You're right, it's so bitter-sweet to clean up after a long project. I can't wait to see the new book AND hear about NYC! <3

Anna Alter said...

Totally know what you mean about that sweet, sad moment! The new book looks great :)

martinealison said...

Une belle publication...
Gros bisous et ne prenez pas froid!

Mai Kemble said...

the book looks awesome!
;)

I think it's so neat you live close enough to visit NYC. I've always wanted to see. :)

Unknown said...

So I just found your blog. You are so amazingly talented. I LOVE your illustrations. Children's books are my favorite, and it is my secret desire to get a children's book published. I think I need to get the Audrey book! Your artistic style is perfect and beautiful! Just like you!

♥Abbey
Along Abbey Road

jacklynn4 said...

It looks like you had fun in the city. I am in my favorite city-Paris, though I must say after visiting Avignon I might just change my mind...
Today is my last day in the city of light, I plan to walk, walk, walk and simply breathe it in.