A Wonderful Thing.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'm turning 30 (oomph) on Sunday. I was born in the heart of winter. I will be honest and tell you 29 has been hard. (I hear the 30's are a piece of cake! ;) But this year, friendship is what has pulled me back when I reached for it. I am learning too, that it is OK to reach for it. Does it make us grown-up to realize we're small? That it's ok to be vulnerable? That we can't do everything ourselves? That sometimes we need to rely on hearts around us...that it's an honor to rely on, and to be relied upon.

Friendship is the thing I am most grateful for as I come to the end of this decade. It is a deep treasure, right? To have one and to be one. To need one and to search for one. To find one and to become one. It's what can bloom between us in the heart of Winter, when we are not afraid to let it Spring. 

An enormous Happy 30th to my best childhood friend, Kay, today! (She goes over the hill first!)

9 comments:

Andrew said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Julia.

Happy 30th.

I hit 29 this year, but 30 is going to be an interesting mind shift.



www.juliadenos.com said...

Hey Andrew, thanks! Yeah...it's an interesting chunk of life, isn't it? Hope you are well down south!!

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Oh, Julia, I love this post. I've always had a hard time relying on others in an attempt to not burden them. As I get older, I, too, am learning how to let others help me. You are a wonderful friend and I'm so happy to know you. Happy almost 30th!
xoxoxo

Anna Alter said...

Happy 30th to you! The thirties are fantastic, lots of settling in to yourself in wonderful ways. May it be the start of many great things.

posse said...

Happy Birthday, my fellow Piscean blogger! Welcome to the world of thirty-year-olds. I turned thirty-five yesterday and I think the thirties are wonderful.

www.juliadenos.com said...

Thank you Amanda, was so fun celebrating with you!

Thanks, Anna...that sounds like something to look forward to, I'm so excited for that "settling in". Hope you and your family are doing well!

Thanks Pisces-Posse :) So good to hear you are enjoying the decade....<3

Lauren Castillo said...

Happy (almost) 3-0 Julia!! Here's to a wonderful and easy breezy new decade :) xo~L

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Julia!

atlanticmo said...

Is your birthday on the 24th? That's my birthday.
Congrats on the big 3..0.